Sunday, July 18, 2010

I'm a Sinner

Being a Christian, we have always been told that were are sinners. The most common thing in prayer is to always ask for forgiveness. We ask for forgiveness because we are sinners. We are constantly asking for forgiveness because we are constantly sinning. We notice we are sinners and even admit that we are. The hardest thing to do as a sinner is not to admit that you are one, but actually attempt to change.

I want to apologize to my Father. I'm sorry I say I trust you when a lot of the times I actually don't. I'm sorry I ask for forgiveness knowing that I'm going to cause that same sin again. I'm sorry I lie knowing that you hate a lying tongue. I'm sorry that sometimes I can't be presented as the light of the world because of my behavior. I'm sorry that I'm so selfish enough to think more about myself than of You and others. I'm sorry that I don't read and study nearly as much as you want. I'm sorry that my prayers are sometimes guilt ridden just to get them out of the way. I'm sorry that I ask for so much yet give you little. I'm sorry I spend more time playing guitar and games than with you. I'm sorry I have hurt my friends who you have placed in my life to help me. I'm sorry I'm a good for nothing sinner who can't stand a chance in this world alone. I thank you for You, Your love, Your life! You still love me even after all these sins. The list can go on but yet you love me! Why!? Why do you love me so much? I have no words when it comes to explaining how grateful I am for Your love. I have never physically come close, but spiritually you are flowing through me like a river. I love you Father. So much.

No comments: