Thursday, July 15, 2010

Which days are truly fulfilling?

"Do not work for food that spoils, but food that endures.." - John 6:27

When I read these words, I had to pause. I took a moment and then realized I have to go write a blog, I have to share what I just felt. Did you read the verse? Read it again. One more time. This verse can be looked out in so many different ways but it hit me in one particular way. Always going for things that won't last, how common is that to you? It's very common for me! I can say there have been many days where I spent the whole day learning new guitar solos or playing games and watching movies with my best friends. Now you would figure that all sounds like a great day, right? There is just something different about the end of the day. When it gets to the end of the day, it does not feel full. It feels like you did nothing the whole day even though while you were doing it it felt very fulfilling. Those days will never be fulfilling. Those are the days that will perish. The days that matter are the days that are filled with food that endures. What is food? Jesus said that His Word is food! His amazing, gracefully given Word, that we all have a copy of, is our daily food! The days that we fill ourselves up with that food is the days that are fulfilled! The days that are remembered. The days that are worth living for.

No comments: