Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Very Same Power

“The same spirit that raised Christ from the dead dwells in you.” - Romans 8:11

The VERY same power that raised Christ from the dead is ALIVE in us today!
Wow wow wow. Let's stop right here.
...
..
.
WOW! Can you believe that?

How many times have you caught yourself going through something you just can't handle? All the time right? Maybe you have a lot of bills this month that you don't know if you're going to make them or not. Maybe all your friends are having sex and all you're doing is being tempted to have sex. Maybe nobody is really paying attention to you right now and you just need a friend. Maybe you can't handle school, work, friends, finances, family and everything else life has to offer at the same time. Where are you going to find the strength? the will power? THE VERY SAME POWER THAT RAISED CHRIST FROM THE DEAD IS ALIVE IN YOU. The power is in you! It's Jesus! Jesus has/is the power that raised Him from the dead and Jesus is alive in you. Jesus has already provided all the strength you need to handle anything. When you come upon another day that you think you can't make it, pray for faith in Jesus because the power is there you just need to believe.

I was recently speaking to my girlfriend, Adri, about our New Years Resolution and trusting God more. My New Years resolution was to trust God more because last year with barely trusting God, He always pulled me through. I went further on to use a financial example. I explained to her that I have no idea where I get half my money. This makes me sound a lot like a drug dealer but I'm not haha. I meant in a sense that as weird as this may sound, Martial Arts Instructors aren't payed as well as you think and there are quite a few things that require money in the world. Last year I learned to trust God more and he will provide what I need and most of the time more than what I need! Whenever I'm stuck or need to make it through something, the power of Christ is in me and all I need to do is trust. Constant prayer and faith in God are the ingredients that let the Power of God rise into your heart.

No comments: