Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I'm a Christian

"Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ" - Philippians 1:27

I bet I can guess a few of the thoughts that came into your head when you read the title.

"I'm a Christian too, a lot of people are"

"How does that make you different?"

"Obviously you're a Christian! You have a blog with words that say Jesus every once in a while"

Nowadays, it's so hard to tell who is actually a follower of Christ and who just says they are a Christian so they can have some sort of religious background or because mom and dad said so. It's so easy to say you're a Christian, so incredibly easy. What is not easy is to show you are a Christian instead of just saying it. I don't even like using the word "Christian" anymore because our generation has killed that word. It means nothing anymore. It has no value and it proves no difference between people who believe in Jesus Christ and follow His way and people don't believe in Jesus Christ. 76% of Americans consider themselves Christian. Going to church Sunday mornings won't save you. Mumbling a half asleep prayer while in bed at night won't be heard. Going on youth group trips to Six Flags every summer won't clear your conscience.

In today's day and time, I don't want to be a Christian. I don't want to pray prayers that won't be heard. I don't want to go to church services that mean nothing to me. I don't want to spend 5 minutes a day reading the Word of God. I WANT TO BE A FOLLOWER OF CHRIST! Don't you? Don't you want to pray with all your heart and soul? Don't you want to love because Christ loved first? Don't you want to spend more time in the Word because that is where ALL the answers are? Don't you want to be a fishermen of men and bring people to Christ so Christ can bring them salvation?

Let our behavior and activities be worthy of the gospel! Let us show love to the world even when we don't want to. Let us coat ourselves with Christ's attitude and let our heart beat and be consumed by his fire.

Let's not just be Christians, let us be Followers of Christ.

No comments: