Thursday, June 24, 2010

True Emotions Towards God

Feelings can be utterly annoying and confusing at times, we rarely can handle them by ourselves. We can never find the right words to explain certain emotions we have towards certain things. How many times have you found yourself trying to tell a friend how you feel and you keep starting and stopping your conversation because you can't find the right words to use? Have you ever been caught up trying to find out your own emotions towards God?

When somebody asks you how you feel about God you most likely always respond with answers like "I love Him! I'm so blessed" and "He is the number one priority in my life!". As great as that sounds, how many times can you honestly say those are true? As Christians, many of us were born and raised in the church taught to read and pray everyday. Now reading and praying comes as a guilt factor for most people, they read and pray just so they can say that they did it and get rid of that guilt. Is that really loving God at all? Is that really making Him your number one priority? I know I have definitely been caught up in my own life a lot of the time. I would do little quick guilt prayers before I fall asleep so I can have more time during the day to play guitar and xbox. I would glance over some small passages and then go watch more soccer. If we want to really love God, we have to read and pray out of LOVE not guilt. No matter quick passages, no more half asleep prayers. no more giving God a slice of your life. He made all this possible, give Him a praise of Love, not guilt.

No comments: