Wednesday, May 25, 2011

God Wants His Money Back

"Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the LORD Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.”

- Malachi 3:10

Tithing has always been one of those topics that whenever I hear it come up in church the first thought that comes to my head is "The pastor just wants more money from us" Ha ha. Now in some cases that is probably true, unfortunately, but in other cases I do not think so. The verse up above clearly explains that you can NOT out-bless God. No matter how much you put in that bowl on Sundays, how much you give you the homeless or how many sacks of clothes you give away. God will ALWAYS out-bless you!

How do I know God will always out-bless me? He says "Test me in this". Put Him to the test. Put some more money in that bowl, put some more clothes in that sack. The Lord will put more money in your bank account and put more clothes on your back. What do we do with the extravagant amount of blessings the Lord is bestowing upon us? Give them back :)

The more you give back to God, what you do for a brother you do for the Lord, the more He gives back to you. It is a beautiful cycle that has never failed. When we start trusting God with our money, there will be no where else in our lives to where we don't trust God and that I can guarantee. We are so clinched to our money living in a consumer based society that we always feel like we just need more and more. The thought of giving to God seems outrageous because "we need it more than God". God does not need a dime from you, that is why He gives it back! But by giving to the Lord, not only do you give your money, but you give Him trust.

No comments: