Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Putting On The New You

"... you have put off the old self with its practices and have put on the new self.." -Colossians 3: 9-10

When I became a Christian I was always taught that my life was about to change drastically. My actions would change, my words would change and my heart would beat a different beat. This is all by far extremely truthful and accurate. I did change drastically but in no way shape or form is changing easy. Putting on the new self and putting away the old self and your old fleshly desires is definitely a process. A never ending process to be more specific. We will never reach the state of perfection but we should always strive to become better for the Glory of God. Now that we are the body of Christ we have to represent in the most honorable fashion. When you become a Christian, unlike the rumors, you will not automatically become a great loving person. It takes time and true effort. I have been a follower of Christ for about five years now and it has never been harder. I am constantly messing up. I could always be giving more time to the Lord and reading His word. I am always looking out for ways to benefit me rather than God.

No matter what you hear, say or think, no one is a good person compared to Christ but do not let that get you down! It is time we look at what we can do to really make big changes. I am going to write out a list of qualities that we need to remove and a list of qualities that we need to put on. I am striving to work on this list myself and am examining myself constantly.

QUALITIES WE NEED TO REMOVE:
-Sexual Immorality
-Impurity
-Passion
-Evil Desire
-Covetousness
-Anger
-Wrath
-Malice
-Slander
-Obscene Talk from your Mouth

QUALITIES WE NEED TO PUT ON:
-Compassionate Hearts
-Kindness
-Humility
-Meekness
-Patience
-Bearing with one another
-Forgiveness
-LOVE!!

*Colossians 3

Take a look at this list constantly to examine yourself, as I will do with same. Stay in constant prayer and I know the Lord will change our hearts!

No comments: