Thursday, May 19, 2011

It Is Time For A Heart Transplant

"The human heart is the most deceitful of all things, and desperately wicked. Who really knows how bad it is? But I, the Lord, search all hearts and examine secret motives. I give all people their due rewards, according to what their actions deserve.”
- Jeremiah 17:9-10(NLT)


There's not much to say after reading a verse like that. You can't say much after this verse because you are sitting in silence examining your heart. Or at least that is exactly what I did and am still doing. "The human heart is the most deceitful of all things.." Wow. To think that supposedly the most important organ in our body is the most deceitful and desperately wicked. It is true though. Our hearts crave the sins of this world. Our hearts want what it should not have. Our hearts hurt more than it helps. The more our hearts indulge in the sins of this world the faster it will die. Our hearts are stone.

I do not want to take my heart of stone and polish it up, make it look nice and stick it back in. I want this evil heart gone. I was my sins gone. I want purity. I need a heart transplant.

“For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16(NLT)

The Lord our God sent His one and only son to die for us so that His heart will be available for us. Since Christ died, His heart can now be transplanted into our bodies. We can throw away our old hearts and live to the new rhythm that our new heart beats. No more living according to our old ways, we are putting on a new self with a new heart!

"You were dead because of your sins and because your sinful nature was not yet cut away. Then God made you alive with Christ, for he forgave all our sins." - Colossians 2:13(NLT)

No comments: