Saturday, July 9, 2011

Communication

Communication is known as one of the most essential elements to a humans life. Why do you think Facebook is infiltrated with countless numbers of people trying to stay in contact with the world? Nobody wants to fall off the map of communication. We are all talking, texting, messaging, calling people every single day. The words that come out of our mouths affect each and every person around you.

After working at a car wash for a short amount of time, I quickly realized how communication affects everything. When I have a smile on and a hop in my step, people will communicate back with a positive attitude. If I am tired and just have a bad attitude, looks like I'm not going home with much money that day. If communication affects my work life, won't it affect my Christian life? Absolutely!

The way I decide to talk to people and handle the way they talk to me is huge. I recently ventured upon a situation to where somebody was talking to a close friend of mine and about some life decisions and situations, it seemed as though the person meant very well for my friend but from my point of view, this person came off with bad communication. I later talked to my friend about and he explained that the way the person talked to him was a complete turnoff and not helpful at all BECAUSE the communication was bad.

You could be giving advice to Christians, helping non-Christians, texting a friend, selling at work for commission, or just talking to a family member. If your communication is off, then everything else will be off as well. Don't let your conversations go to waste. Just with a simple step up in your attitude you'll go more than miles in life.

A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger -Proverbs 15:1


Prayer:
Father, may we look to our words before we use them. May we change our heart, so that our attitudes portrayed may change. Let us be helpful, not hurtful. Let us communicate with purpose.

1 comment:

pauldragu said...

something in this blog rings a bell allin....hmmm