Tuesday, July 12, 2011

There Is Something About Writing

There is something about writing that makes it different. Maybe it is the fact that you can write anything at anytime to anyone. When you are writing you don't have to hold back what you really mean, you can really say it. You can say it in as many sentences as you want with as many exclamation points as you want. Maybe it sticks out because the computer doesn't judge what you type or the paper doesn't laugh at what you write. And probably the best part about writing is that you can check over every word you say before you hit submit. You can act however you want to act, sound how smart you want to sound or talk the way you want to talk.

I started this blog a couple years ago because my head was filled with tons of thoughts and encouragement I wanted/want to spread. Through out these years I have been through my highest ups and my lowest downs. I have climbed to the top of the mountain and crumbled right back down to the bottom but I never stopped writing. I never stopped doing what I thought I should do. This blog never once said "Alin, you sinned way too much today, you are not allowed to write anymore". In no way was my own strength and attitude enough to keep me writing but the strength of God in me that encouraged me to get back up. It was His Word that came into my life that changed everything about it. It was not the fifty hour work weeks that kept me writing. It was not the arguing downstairs that kept me writing. It was not the punches from friends and family that kept me writing. It is mere strength, strength from God.

I honestly don't believe God called me to be a writer but I will take advantage of this nifty thing called the internet. I will not stop writing. I pray that the words of encouragement written on this blog are God's words through me. Amen.

No comments: