Monday, May 24, 2010

Ever been jealous of sin?

Have you ever been jealous of somebody else's ability to sin?

There is that crowd of people that prance around the hallways, the workplace and the coffee shops that just don't mind sinning. Those people that freely explain their drunk stories to their good friends. Those people that tell you exactly how many girls they hooked up with on Spring break. Those people who don't really know that what they're doing is wrong.

I started realizing this today, I started seeing this more and more, started noticing it more as my day went on. After words, I asked myself "Why couldn't that have been me?". Why aren't I the one making out with random girls? Why can't I get high on the weekends? Why can't I go to the parties instead of just hearing about them? These questions ran through my head for about a minute until I started to feel extremely bad for them. I will never go through or do these things because God will give me an experience that they will never get to have because of this and the absence of this experience for them will conquer all the experiences they ever had.

Why can't I make out with random girls? Because my wife will one day cherish my choices and love me in a greater way than would have ever been.

Why can't I get high on the weekends? I'll smell like crap, have less money and never remember anything I ever play on guitar, there goes a God given talent down the drain.

Why can't I go to parties instead of just hearing about them? Because by spending more time with the Word of God, small groups, worships, studies, writing, jamming etc, I will be more prepared for the world's temptations and the return of Jesus Christ more than I could ever be!

No drug, hook-up or party will never satisfy you. I know something that will.

No comments: