Monday, May 3, 2010

Everybody wants to go to Heaven but nobody wants to die

"Everybody wants to go to Heaven, but nobody wants to die" - David Crowder

David hit it right on the dot with that sentence. How many times have we found ourselves thinking about going to Heaven but then pondering how much else more we want to do here for our stay on Earth? I know I think about it all the time! Honestly, I want to get married, have kids, play music, enjoy the married life, see what job I'll have, pull all nighters with my brothers, take intimate road trips with the band. There is so much I want to do yet so little time. I believe that Jesus Christ is coming soon, very very soon. By soon, I don't mean a couple hundred more years, I mean now! If anyone hasn't noticed, our world is so vigorously hindered. This world is tearing apart and before it demolishes completely, every knee shall bow, every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord(Phillipians 2:10). I believe Jesus will return while we are still alive. Sometimes, I get a bit sad with God and think "but God can I please get a family first? maybe even go on tour? That would be really cool!" but in the end I just realize that ETERNAL PARADISE with the reigning Creator of the universe surpasses all my worldly wants and needs.
Stay with Jesus, love Him, worship Him, read His word, talk to His people and come judgement day, you will not tremble, you will stand next to your Savior and say "He paid the price for my sins and today I'm going home". I can't wait to go home guys, I really can't! If anyone who reads this feels lost, lonely or just like they want a more personal relationship with Christ and doesn't mind talking about it, please call, text, face book, email, twitter, blog, morse code, pigeon letter, pony express me in anyway! I would love to try and encourage!

"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength" - Phillipians 4:13

No comments: