Sunday, May 2, 2010

Hickory pt. II

As many of you know, this weekend was a missions conference for the RBYA in Hickory. This missions conference was very different than what I was expecting. I have been to Hickory many times but never for missions. There were people from New York, Canada, Chicago, Atlanta etc. From what I experienced and saw, the point of the conference was a fail. We did not spend much time doing missions, which you would figure would be the point of a mission conference. We spent maybe 2 or 3 hours on missions. The presentations for the other ministry of missions made it seem like they were more so selling the ministry than actually trying to do the mission of it, the issue of money being brought up numerous amount of times made it seem like this. Before you judge this blog as a condemning and mean blog let me get to the upside. There was great fellowship! Since they for some reason gave us so much free time, I got a lot of time to hang out and talk to people. Learn more about them, their point of views, what is going on in their life. It was really a great time for fellowship. The song choices were very very good, this made me exquisitely happy! The hardest thing to do was to leave, there are some people that I miss very much already and it really saddens me to not be able to spend this kind of fellowship with them more. Overall, I think RBYA Missions Conference 2010 didn't do it's job but luckily the people did! Thank God for His children.

No comments: