Friday, April 16, 2010

Confessions of Faith

Many times when I come into clicking the "New Post" button on the blog, I come with the state of mind of either convicting people or encouraging people. Maybe a combination of the two. This time I'm here to confess. Don't worry, I'm not going Catholic. Unless they have good pancakes, I am always persuaded with pancakes. I've felt like this has always been buried deep inside of me and I have either been too ashamed to admit it or too scared to believe it to be true. I have horrible faith in God. As bad as that sounds, it's not easy to admit. It is the truth though. I come to times where I am stuck in a stressful situation and I'll pray about it but then still except God to not completely handle it. Why? No clue. Tithing is hard to do because then I get scared I won't have enough money for bills or random trips to Taco Mac with the youth. There is always something going on to where I have little faith and I think now God is calling me to have more faith. I don't need to disguise myself as a person with great faith and great obedience to God when really I struggle continuously with it. I think it's time I take a leap of faith into God's hands and throw away my fear.

3 comments:

Lauren Pararo said...

I can empathize with that confession. Mark 9:24 says,

"And Jesus asked his father, "How long has this been happening to him?" And he said, "From childhood. And it has often cast him into fire and into water, to destroy him. But if you can do anything, have compassion on us and help us." And Jesus said to him, "'If you can'! All things are possible for one who believes!" Immediately the father of the child cried out and said, "I believe; help my unbelief!"

I hope that helps! It sure comforts me.

Everett Bracken said...

Great thoughts Alin. I think we also need to realize that when we have doubts or when we don't trust God that he is not angry with us. Read this story about when John the baptized doubted.
1 When Jesus had finished giving these instructions to his twelve disciples, he went out to teach and preach in towns throughout the region.
2 John the Baptist, who was in prison, heard about all the things the Messiah was doing. So he sent his disciples to ask Jesus, 3 "Are you the Messiah we've been expecting, or should we keep looking for someone else?"
4 Jesus told them, "Go back to John and tell him what you have heard and seen— 5 the blind see, the lame walk, the lepers are cured, the deaf hear, the dead are raised to life, and the Good News is being preached to the poor. 6 And tell him, `God blesses those who do not turn away because of me.'"
7 As John's disciples were leaving, Jesus began talking about him to the crowds. "What kind of man did you go into the wilderness to see? Was he a weak reed, swayed by every breath of wind? 8 Or were you expecting to see a man dressed in expensive clothes? No, people with expensive clothes live in palaces. 9 Were you looking for a prophet? Yes, and he is more than a prophet. 10 John is the man to whom the Scriptures refer when they say,

`Look, I am sending my messenger ahead of you,
  and he will prepare your way before you.'

11 "I tell you the truth, of all who have ever lived, none is greater than John the Baptist. Yet even the least person in the Kingdom of Heaven is greater than he is! 12 And from the time John the Baptist began preaching until now, the Kingdom of Heaven has been forcefully advancing, and violent people are attacking it. 13 For before John came, all the prophets and the law of Moses looked forward to this present time. 14 And if you are willing to accept what I say, he is Elijah, the one the prophets said would come. 15 Anyone with ears to hear should listen and understand!

Alin Dragu said...

wow you guys have great comments, the story is a great one, I have read it quite a few times but its always good to refresh yourself with scripture because we do tend to forget alot of morals in them and somehow we always interpret them differently based on whats going in our lives currently. Thanks guys