Tuesday, January 12, 2010

There's just something else

As I am writing this, I hear the belching vocals of the newest American Idol contestants along with my disturbing coughing(that they can't hear I don't think). There are also many browsers, other than this, opened up ready to be explored and adored. My cell phone is happily vibrating. There is a stack of homework waiting to be done in my book bag and now as soon as I finally get time today, I start writing this blog. Why are we distracted so much? There is just so much going on now that it is hard to even have a WANT to do any of it when it comes down to it! There was alot I would have liked to do today, but we can't always just have it our way(unless were at Burger King). I would have liked to stay home today and not have gone to work. I would have liked to jam all night instead of do my homework and study. I would have liked to sleep in this morning instead of going to school. God would like me to love him more. God would like me to read more of his Word. God would like me to spread my joy with others. God would like my obedience. When it comes down to it, the distractions aren't worth it. The procrastination isn't worth it. A delayed obedience is a disobedience. Maybe alot of us need to rethink how much time we spend on what, including me.

No comments: