Sunday, March 7, 2010

Conviction

Before you read this, I'm telling you now you are probably one of the people about to be convicted as well as myself in some areas.

You're probably an average "Christian". An average church-goer who attends a morning service on sunday and then you're set for the week. You read a chapter of the Bible every once in a while because you "have" to. You curse and swear anywhere except for church. You try to be a "good enough" Christian. You commit sins because you think no matter what you do God will forgive you so you might as well do them. You think about yourself and your life way more than you spend time reading or praying. You call yourself Christian but represent almost nothing that Christ represented. I could go on. and on. and on. and on. and on. If you in anyway feel embarrassed after you read this, good. I'm glad your conscience is getting to you. I don't want you to change out of guilt though, I want us to change out of love. Some more than others. Realize that God doesn't want an "average Christian". You might as well not even claim to represent God, spare him the humility please. God spits lukewarm people out of his mouth! You probably think that I'm being too harsh and that I'm not perfect either so I shouldn't be talking. I'm not perfect, at all but I should be talking. God wants me to get this word out! Please don't let this pass by, be convicted! Repent with your heart, not your tongues, love.

No comments: