Monday, March 15, 2010

Radical Us?

This past week, I was having a conversation at my location place of education in the cafeteria. In this conversation, an acquaintance and I were talking about what we sacrificed for lent. He said he always wanted to give something up but couldn't really figure out what. Of course, I tried to name some things, small things, that could be sufficient for this year and then next year he could do something bigger. After everything I suggested, he kept rejecting with replies like "nah, I can't do that" or "no way, that's too important".

I have heard and seen many times people say " Oh Alin, you're crazy, you're way too into religion"

What got me was two things in there:
-What is "way into"?
-What religion?

Guys, sacrificing something big in your life for God is not radical. Praying constantly is not radical. Praising and worshiping as often as possible is not radical. Attending services, small groups and fellowship opportunities whenever the chance is NOT radical! This is how God wants us to live, this should be daily and constant to us. This isn't a religion. This isn't a cult. It's a blessing from a God who wouldn't mind a few blessings back. Frankly, I see myself as failing at my job half the time while others see me as overdoing it? Turn and ask yourself if you think you've been trying your absolute best to please God and do his will with all your heart. If the answer is no, which is probably everyone, that's okay! Get up, rise, turn from this world and be "radical"!

Give.Pray.Fast.

No comments: